The saliva solution
Saliva is a solution; a homogenous mixture of substances that combine to form single liquid.
· 98% water *** this is the solvent, it has the greater quantity
· 2% (electrolytes, enzymes, and antibacterial compounds) *** This is the solute and is dispersed in the solvent
The 2% Solute consists of
· Electrolytes (Electrolytes are ions in solutions, also known as salts, for example, NaCl and KI)
· Enzymes (Enzymes are catalysts, catalysts speed up the rate & lower the activation energy of a Chemical Reaction)
· Antibacterial Compounds (antibacterial compounds are pure substances that are composed of two or more elements in fixed proportions)
My education consists of a Bachelor of Liberal Arts Degree in Business Administration & Art. Since then I have taken classes in chemistry, organic chemistry, biology, physics, and microbiology to pursue a career as a dentist; I studied to apply for dental school but was unable to pursue it due to medical reasons.